Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's Friday...

It's Friday and it's been two weeks since my last post - better rectify that

Today is a day off for me and I didn't get outta bed till 11am; it's currently after 12pm and I'm still in my PJ's - Bliss. I know I really shouldn't boast about that, my mum's probably horrified I've just announced it to the world. The dog couldn't even hack the long lie-in; he abandoned me about 9:12am and the next time I saw the clock it was 10:14am. I blame the osteopath treatment yesterday - that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

Today's plan was to make a card for my niece's birthday, submit a layout to a NZ magazine, and complete projects to submit to a design team call for a South Island Scrapbook company. I am thankful that the deadline for the submission is Monday so I still have the weekend to get it all together. One part of me wonders why I am putting myself through extra work again and the other part of me misses the challenge of creating from only the product supplied. And to be honest, I miss the free, latest product! It's funny now that I have decided to apply, the self-doubts have crept in. What if I don't get selected? Does that mean my work isn't good enough? etc. But, I am going to apply because you never know what can happen in life. I once saw a fridge magnet that read: 80% of life is just turning up. That phrase resonated with me - if I don't apply/turn up then I definitely won't be considered.

To apply for the design team I need to submit 2 Layouts, 1 card and 1 project using product that the company stocks. The dilemma for me is that I have a wonderful scrap stash and I buy wherever is cheapest. I am very lucky to have family in the USA so I can order items there (cheaper) and impose on the Grandparents (my parents) to bring stuff back for me on their many visits (and a very good friend who brought back a Clip-it-up for me this year which I really love - both the clip-it-up and my friend!). The USA family is coming to NZ later this year and Aunty Manda has a sizable stash for them to bring back already. It is truly lucky that our families have to love us because one of the items is an octagonal, yes, octagonal, storage unit for my desk. Sooooo lucky that they have to love me. My fabulous sister-in-law will bring it out for me but I have had to promise not to order anymore things for them to bring and I had to solemnly swear 'no more octagonal things'! I did push my luck and ask if hexagonal was ok?

I guess the submission isn't going to happen if I continue to sit here, in my PJ's, so I will sign off and get to work. I will keep you posted if I am successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment