Thursday, November 4, 2010




I've been creating and it feels good. This is a layout I completed based on a Becky Fleck Pagemap Sketch that I saw online on the Aussie Scrap Source Blog. It is the first time I have done a layout based on a sketch. I knew I wanted to use the butterfly and the layout came together slowly from there. (I don't know why I can't get the photo of the layout to upload in the right direction!!!).


Winning is by voting so please vote for me: http://aussiescrapsource.typepad.com/


I have put in the photo of the detail as the photo on their website doesn't show the detail: sparkly spritz on the butterfly (took me a few hours to unclog the head on the spritz bottle though before I could use it), the glittery cardstock (pale blue), the stamping and glass finish on the lettering or the faux cracked glass effect I created on the green cardstock matts (under butterfly and square stickers). The lettering was actually pale blue to start with but I spritzed them with the mist (managing to get some on my favourite designer jeans in the process!), then I added some script stamping as I wasn't happy with the overall effect and lastly added a coat of glass finish. I added the glass finish in a hurry before work (challenge deadline was looming) and it managed to overflow and spread on the background. Solution: found dog's tiny syringe and used it to mop up as much as I could then I had to use cotton buds to wipe away the excess. Even though I used Stazon ink it still bled with the movement of the glass finish.



I am really happy with the final product - been a while since you've heard me say that right? So, VOTE FOR ME!






The options are on the left-hand side of the web page. Mine is under the second section - single page layouts. Click the one that matches the layout here (It's the first one I think and the right way around!) and then click - Cast Your Vote on the button under my section - thanks!





No comments:

Post a Comment