Monday, September 12, 2011

Here's a Couple I Prepared Earlier


These photos were taken while the kids were playing on my ipod - they did oblige me with a lovely shot with all eyes on the camera. I started out with a layout idea I wanted to scraplift from a recent CK mag but none of my mini pics were of the right orientation to work with the sketch. So I decided to work with what I had. The paper is so glittery and gorgeous that I didn't want to over embellish it too much. I used a piece of HOTP embossible paper inked with several inks to get the right shade/look for the background paper. It actually took me ages to get everything just right so it looked simple and thrown together! Makes it an easy one to recreate which is what I did below:


The main diecut background paper came home with me from the US of A and, again, didn't need a lot of other layers added to it. I pulled out my shoe box of black and white embellishments and played around until I was happy. I got to use some items I had stored away for a 'special' layout (including the paper). Moral of the story: don't wait for a photo/event/layout to be special enough to use stuff. The epoxy stickers on the edge of the photo block look like part of the layout design but they are also tags with additional photos and stories (as shown below the layout). I used up some of the leftover strips of the embossible paper on this layout too (inked with black ink).

No comments:

Post a Comment