Monday, August 13, 2012

Thanks CAYG Freaks

Did you miss me? As usual, or not so usual for me, I've been making a few cards. I got the  [what was then] *new* Tim Holtz seasonal spring distress inks. It seemed like as soon as I got them the summer ones were out. Where does  time go? It's August already people - how did that happen? Back on topic: they sat with my stash until I could finally get an afternoon to play. I had peacock colours in my head and wanted to try blending some of the spring inks with the winter inks. The colours didn't end up as vibrant as I wanted. The smaller two were done on watercolour paper and the bigger ones were on gloss paper (my first time using gloss). The darker one on the left was embossed with teal embossing powder - something I now regret. I didn't think they blended well when I misted them with water either.




Did you like the inky fingers? I then turned them into cards. I gave one away in the weekend and today I realised I didn't have a picture of the final products for this blog post. Sadly, you miss out on the one made with the smaller one on the bottom right. For reference, I added a big silver embossed brad in the middle with a number on it (it was for a birthday - go figure). I got to use the tissue and woven paper I had in my stash (I may have come across it while tidying - thanks CAYG Freaks!)


1 comment:

  1. I thought about those new distress ink pads as well ... but so far they haven't come to live at my house ... we will see ... loving the inky fingers.

    ReplyDelete