Sunday, September 23, 2012

Tag! You're it!

Tag! You're it! That's the name of Challenge #12 at A Blog Named Hero and I'm stealing it as my catchy title this week. For those of you who live under a rock I will just explain here that the super talented Tim Holtz is doing 12 Tags of 2012 rather than just the 12 tags of Christmas that he usually does. This month I decided to join in - mostly because I thought I had most of the supplies and it looked easy. Looking back and comparing his finished tag with mine I see his is better executed than mine but it was  my first time. The faux technique doesn't show off well in the picture because it basically didn't turn out well. Just kidding! It just isn't as pronounced as Tims. It's something I can work on for next time - if there is a next time.



Other than the faux embossed metal technique and wanting to use the Tim Holtz film strip I didn't have a plan for how this was going to turn out. The metal ended up being greener than I wanted. Might have something to do with the fact that I chose what I thought was a blue alcohol ink that turned out to be green. So green became the colour scheme from then on.I had to rummage and I mean rummage for the beaded trim. By rummage I mean tip everything out of my trims and ribbons box until I could lay my hands on it.The trim is from a lamp shade I altered and I knew I kept the little piece just in cases (not a typo). I thought it would finish the tag perfectly with the Karen Foster extra large word eyelets but.... I couldn't figure out how to set said eyelets with a cropadile or other tool. I tried using a way too small manual eyelet tool (the kind you bash with a hammer) but it munted it. I finally ended up setting a large eyelet in the back. Not a great job but it will do for now.  Anyone out there know how I can set them in the future?

This tag is submitted for the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2012 September: http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2012-september/
It is also submitted for A Blog Named Hero Challenge #12 Tag You're It! Challenge:http://ablognamedhero.blogspot.co.nz/2012/09/challenge-12-tag-youre-it.html

I'm off to google how to set extra large eyelets.


No comments:

Post a Comment