Friday, March 8, 2013

POP!

No, that is not the sound of me popping the button on my trousers [again].  The March challenge on the Inspiration Emporium blog is Add a Little P.O.P.  They said it could be as simple as popping a design element up on foam squares.  Remember me saying that I wish I had popped the greetings on my sketch cards up on foam tape? Remember I said I would let you know if I ever bothered to redo the cards this way?  Well, I did indeed do just that:



It is difficult to see in the picture but the part with the greeting is popped up on foam tape. It just adds that extra dimension (and pop).

This is my first time entering a card for the challenge on the Inspiration Emporium blog. The details for the challenge are here.

Wish me luck!

Materials:
Stamp (Rachel Greig), White cardstock (Stampin' Up!), Patterned Paper (American Crafts), Ink (Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire), doily. The other cardstock was from my scrap file.


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for being a first timer entering the Inspiration Emporium challenge! I am a foam tape junkie and use it on practically everything I do so I'm right there with you on that. I really like your monochromatic color scheme and I think whoever receives this card will feel special. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. That foam tape really makes a difference - thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. GREAT JOB!!! Thank you so much for playing along with the Inspiration Emporium Challenge, we love what you did!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Chelle! I've bought from Inspiration Emporium but never entered your challenges before - first time for everything.

      Delete
  3. Love your card. Just popping by to let you know you have won the Blog Giveaway over at NZ PaperChase. Please email your address to me at..duntroongarage@xtra.co.nz so I can post your prize to you. Thanks so much.:-)

    ReplyDelete