Saturday, January 18, 2014

#imakeprettystuff

Disclaimer: I am not boasting! #imakeprettystuff is the Hashtag I need to use to enter the Heidi Swapp comp for one of her darling aprons that say 'make pretty stuff' ( of course!)

Being in New Zealand means I can't buy from Michaels but I did add to my colour shine collection yesterday ( from my LSS - got to support them too!). I used the new sea foam colour with navy and teal. I also copied Heidi's stencil technique in her latest My Craft Channel video. My attempt at mixed media:




I tried to colour the bright gold frame with alcohol ink in a plastic bag but it didn't work. I then tried to ink it with three colours blended together but I think I used too much blending solution as it didn't work either! I might try dabbing silver paint on it - or leave it - what do you think?

BTW This is a work in progress. It is two canvas pieces measuring less than 4x6. My intention is to label it "Randoms" (in the frame) and put random pics in it. You know, the ones that aren't important enough to dedicate a whole scrapbook page to but important/sentimental/historical all the same.

Materials: Canvas (unknown), Colour Shine (Heidi Swapp), Texture Paste (Jo Sonya), Stencil (Studio Calico), Frame (Unknown).

No comments:

Post a Comment