Thursday, July 24, 2014

Sheet Cake

What does Sheet Cake mean? I have no idea but it is the latest challenge at A Blog Named Hero! What they are looking for is a one layer card. This is not my normal style so what a challenge for me. I whipped up a quick card to enter this challenge. I saw Heidi Swapp do a technique this week and I thought I would give it a go. Super Easy. Great Look.


I made this in a hurry (and this blog entry!) and there are a couple of things I will point out. The card was originally a standard size but I must've had black permanent ink on my stamping block as it ended up on the card front. A quick trim and it became more of a square card. I didn't tape down my stencil and this is obvious to me - will do that next time! Lastly, I sprayed Blush as my base colour and Coral through the stencil. Next time I need to have more definition between my colours - like Blush and Navy for example. Great technique though and one that I want to try again when I am not rushing (and have time to tape the stencil).

Challenge details:
A Blog Named Hero #48 Sheet Cake is here.

Materials: Stamp - Hero Arts, Ink - Ranger, Matt Medium - Atelier, Spray and Stencil - Heidi Swapp.

2 comments:

  1. Such pretty colors! And yeah, taping it down does help, a LOT! Oh, and a sheet cake is a one-layer cake, like you'd get for someone's birthday at the office, or if you're lazy at home, like me. :)

    Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sopping by Leslie and for explaining the meaning of sheet cake!

      Delete