Thursday, July 9, 2015

Pink & Main - Pirate Layout

Ahoy Me Hearties! One of the new releases this month is a pirate theme stamp set aptly named Pirates. I remembered I had some photos of my family members dressed up as pirates for an event so I decided to make a scrapbook layout with them and this stamp set. Unfortunately I couldn't find a copy of a photo of me in full costume so I had to use a less-than-optimal photo instead.

The layout is a 81/2"x11" layout which is not a standard size for me but the size worked perfectly with the photos and stamps:


As you can see I made a journal block to add my journaling to later. I just love the little birdie on the chest. I popped him on some chipboard and drew around the shape to make it stand out.  I popped the cute pirate boy on chipboard as well so that he would stand out amongst the photos. I used grey ink to add subtle pirate shapes from the stamp set to the journal block and stamped phrases.

You will see that my phrases are slightly different from what is on the stamp set. In the bottom left phrase I decided to replace the 'I' with the 'Aye' from 'Aye think of you often' to make 'Aye treasure you'. On the top right phrase box I combined the 'Ahoy Matey!' with the 'Arrrgh' from 'Arrrgh, forgot your birthday.

All I needed to add to complete the layout were some foam glitter pirate hats and swords and some black vintage ship washi.

Arrrgh Me Hearties - that's it for me this week.

DT Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment