Thursday, September 24, 2015

Happy Clips

I'm so happy to be crafting again. I have been unwell recently and have been resting - boring!  This means I have not been able to play in my craft room which makes me unhappy.  Yesterday I felt well enough to try a quick project.  Once again I kept current challenges in mind from Simon Says Stamp, Inspiration Emporium and A Blog Named Hero (more details on them at the end).

When I saw the Kelly Purkey and Hero Arts die plus stamp combo for planner clips I just had to have it. I stalked every place I knew I could order it from. It would go out of stock super quickly everywhere I looked (or the shipping to NZ was too expensive). Eventually, I managed to place an order before it went out of stock [again]. I was so excited and oh so happy. I waited patiently for it to arrive and when it did, it when straight to my craft desk. And there it sat. Occasionally, I would move it around as I worked on other projects. (I can''t believe I am even admitting this out loud!). This was the set I just had to have, remember? The challenges gave me the impetus to actually crack open the packet and put it to work. Once I cut one set of the planner clips and saw how awesome they were I just kept grabbing other pieces of scrap cardstock and kept feeding them through my machine. Seriously, awe.some!

Once the clips were cut, after my euphoria at how awesome they were had calmed down, I set to using the matching stamp on the diecuts. Hey, why stop there; I played with other stamp sets I had as well. Everything just worked together so brilliantly! I was so happy!

These are the clips I made. Some of them are double-sided (stamped on both sides)


See, I said this die and stamp set is awesome.


More beauties - the B sides of the double-sided ones:


Remember that cute, red Filofax I showed you in my last post? My plan was to use the clips in this planner and boy, do they look fab. This makes me so happy.  I cut plenty more and I have put them in my stash for use on other projects as they still look awesome naked (not stamped). Very. Happy.



You might have noticed my [excessive?] use of the word happy. This is because the Inspiration Emporium challenge is: Happy. I was so happy to finally be ok to play. I was so happy to crack into my just had to have it product (finally!). I was so happy to see how awesome the die cuts are and how cool they look in my planner. The details for the challenge are here.

The other challenges I am entering are:
Simon Says Stamp: Work it Wednesday - Use a Stamp. The details are here.
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Use a Stamp. The details are here.
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - No Designer Paper. I didn't use any designer paper for these clips. I used scrap cardstock and stamps to add colour and patterns. The teal patterned clips are actually cut from the packaging for Kaisercraft pocket scrapbooking cards - the inside was patterned (brilliant!). The details are here.
A Blog Named Hero - Die Cutting. For once I was able to use a Hero Art product for their challenge: the planner clips die and stamp combo by Kelly Purkey.  The details are here.

Materials: Die - Hero Arts/Kelly Purkey; Stamps - Hero Arts/Kelly Purkey, Technique Tuesday, Pink & Main, Ruby Rocket; Ink - Stampin' Up!, Ranger. Various Cardstock Scraps and Kaisercraft packaging.






8 comments:

  1. A fabulous creation - I love your 'Happy Clips', a lovely design and papers.......what a brilliant idea - I desperately need some and off now looking for some!!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. You are in luck because I happen to know SSS stocks this planner clip set AND they ship even to NZ ;)

      Delete
  2. These clips are so fun. They look amazing in your Filofax. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful! I especially love the "Buy This" one. ☺️
    Such a fun group of clips! Thank you for sharing them with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. There is always something new to buy isn't there? and secretly it might be pointing to the latest goodies over at SSS......shhhh...

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks. They really are fun to cut and stamp. I've got a selection now for my planner and budget book

      Delete