Sunday, March 19, 2017

A Wee Bit O' Green

It was Saint Patrick's day on Friday so the crafting world has been swimming in a sea of green lately. Over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge the challenge this week is: Bit O' Green. Yesterday I created a layout of my niece's first car. Of course I used a wee bit o' green to match the challenge!

For the green requirement I matted the photo on green cardstock and stamped the word "FIRST" on a scrap of green cardstock. I also inked the edges of a couple of items in green to tone the green in with the predominantly blue layout.


I made this layout with leftovers from my kit from a class with Vicki Boutin at CAD 2015. I don't always have coordinating craft supplies so it was great to have the coordinated items on hand. When I saw the sticker - I'd go anywhere with you - I knew I wanted to use it with this photo. The adventure sticker was a last minute addition. I figured it was on the coordinating sticker sheet so it was bound to go with my layout.

A stripes pattern stamp was randomly stamped in dark blue ink around the cardstock to mimic the movement of a vehicle.  Unfortunately, it does not show up in the photo. Also, the tag pulls out with details written on the back.

Challenge details:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: A Bit O' Green

Materials:
Papers, Stickers, Die Cuts: We Are Memory Keepers
Pocket Scrapbook 3x4 Card: Kaisercraft (used as tab at top right of layout)
Cardstock: Bazzill
Chipboard Frame: Project Life
Stamps: Ali Edwards, Stampin' Up!
Ink: Stampin' Up!, Ranger, Stazon,
Other: Seam Binding ribbon, foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Really lovely layout, the background is beautiful and what a lovely photo.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracey. Two weeks in a row for me entering your challenges - I'm on a roll (I hope so)

    ReplyDelete