Sunday, June 18, 2017

Travelers Notebook: Simon Says Stamp Challenges

It was time to get my craft on. As usual I turned to the Simon Says Stamp challenge sites to direct my creative play. The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is Touchy Feely and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge is Emboss It.

I pulled out my new WRMK Frame punch board and when I opened the packaging it had a double chipboard frame in it. Waste not, want not. I cut the image out of the filled frame and looked through my small photos to fill the places. I chose an instax print of a resetgirl instagram post and a photo of me after a Clinique Makeover. I decided to put it in my Travelers Notebook which had my creations for interNational Scrapbook Day from May in it.


Here's the close up:


For the embossed stamp on vellum, I used a brand new peach embossing powder from Altenew that I got as part of my prize I won from them. It is really lovely, almost like rose gold.  I also put down some new washi I bought at K Mart recently.  I didn't know they had a good range of cheap scrapbooking supplies (and the marble contact cover I've been looking for).

Here's the challenge details again:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Touchy Feely (the frame, heat embossing and sequins)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Emboss It (heat embossed stamp on vellum)

Materials:
Travelers Notebook and Cover: Crate Paper
Washi: K Mart
Stamps: Technique Tuesday, Citrus twist Kits,
Ink: Ranger
Colour Spray: Heidi Swapp Colour Shine
Frame: packaging from WRMK Frame Punch Board
Paper Embellishments: Citrus twist kits (my NSD prize from them)
Alcohol Marker: Altenew (black)
Other: Sequins

4 comments:

  1. Love those beautiful embellishments on this notebook! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meihsia! I love raiding my stash for the right embellishment and I couldn't let that frame go to waste.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous notebook Manda, the details and layering are fabulous and I love that you recycled the chipboard! I would have loved to have seen your pretty face after your makeover! ;-)

    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday and Wednesday Challenges
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine! I've become a bit more paranoid about sharing my face online so I blurred it. The makeover was much more glamorous than my every day look but I did buy the foundation!

      Delete